Archive for the ‘youtube’ Category
Google’s legal battle with Viacom over allegations of copyright infringement have resulted in a US court ruling that the viewing logs of individuals will be handed over to Viacom The viewing logs will contain the log-in ID of users, the computer IP address (online identifier) and video clip details.
There goes my secret porn life.
Doug goes back to magazines
Popularity: 2% [?]
- one thousand gigabytes of data is transmitted by YouTube per second
- OR three hundred billion gigabytes on a monthly basis
- Estimations are that in 2007 the amount of bandwidth spent by YouTube was the equivalent of what the entire World Wide Web utilised in the year 2000.
- each single day the company spends close to one million dollars on bandwidth alone
- YouTube costs approximately three per cent of the operating costs of Google
- Estimates are these costs are US$300-500 million for last year, 2007.
- ten to twenty per cent of the videos on YouTube are of professional quality while the rest are made by amateurs
Youtube have to show a lot of banner ads to make that cash back, and who wants to have their ad next to a video of sex or something worse:
Doug enjoys youtube and clicks on no ads
Popularity: 1% [?]