Not posted for ages, but in case any still reads it:):) And even cares:):)
I’m off to play else where again,so just an update of what has happened:
- The carrentals.co.uk business has not had me involved for almost 3 years now and the guys and girls keep growing it, over 150,000 rentals this year and they are slowly launching round the globe. Well done to everyone.
- Comparecarrentals.com.au which is simply a Australian car hire comparator is still growing…was a slow start but looks like the guys have cracked it. Over the past 6 months I have stepped back and they are off on their own.
- DiscountVouchers.co.uk is still growing at a stupid pace, just under 6 million members, 150,000 visitors per day on a good day. Not a lot I could do any more as I am rubbish with a business when it gets real. Well done to all involved and I will see you now and then when I pop into London and we go for lunch. Good luck with the “interesting” things ahead. I’d love to be involved but as you all know I would just be a pain as the business moves to being “real”.
So what next?
Well I am setting up Potential.co.uk, a sort of online incubator as I believe the UK just does not seem keen on startups…not in comparison to California anyway. So I have bought some domains/sites that I thought were interesting to play with and talked to some of my ex staff who were good people and slowly the wheels are coming into motion. The initial idea being to play with ideas for these domains and also invest in some more interesting concepts. As normal just to have some fun and also to feel like I am helping the people I like.
So initial domains thrown in the pot are:
- asap.co.uk - finance and utilities comparison
- catwalk.co.uk – fashion
- electric.co.uk – energy comparison
- greenpreferenceservice.com – stopping junk direct mail
- iq.co.uk - serious iq tests
- iqtest.org.uk - iq test for fun
- motormart.co.uk – car sales
- package-holidays.com - package holidays comparator
- recycle.co.uk - recycling goods
- secretdeals.co.uk – daily deals for unique products
- unlovedmobiles.co.uk – recycling mobile phones comparator
Also looking at stuff that is more disruptive in concepts, so not really web sites but things related to fb/mobile/toolbars/tools. Some we have started the builds, stuff that we think maybe useful and really have no means of making any cash but look interesting.
Just having a laugh Josh:):)
Popularity: 2% [?]